Friday 4 March 2011

Kraftin kimmie challenge -scoopy scallops

This is my card for the final February challenge over at Kraftin Kimmie.

 I love this Cinderella stamp and have had a ball trying to acheive the shading I wanted on her gown. I've stuck to shades of warm grey with just a touch of red on her shoes and earrings. The image has been sitting coloured since Sunday but I just could not decide on the layout and papers for the card. I was at Glasgow SECC yesterday at the hobbycrafts show and bought various different backing papers but still couldn't decide so here I was again waiting til the last minute for inspiration When it did finally come I was well chuffed until I realised it was lacking a small detail SCALLOPS! which was pretty important as it was the theme of this weeks challenge. So pulled the card to bits (luckily the glue wasnt dry) and good ol' Martha Stewart came to the rescue, phew!
Anyway hope you like her and keep your fingers crossed for me as I have entered their guest designer for April competition but as there are some very talented crafters around  Im not holding my breath
Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it.
Bye for now



Copics Used
W1,3,5,7,9
R29
E000, E00,E11,E01 R22
Hair- prismacolour pencil
Material Kanban black glittered flocked acetate
Kanban gold and bronze woven paper
cream pearlescent cardstock
bazzil cardstock



11 comments:

  1. Hi Fi, Wow! This is stunningly elegant. Love those papers and colours. You have coloured the image brilliantly. Good Luck with the GDT for April.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fi, this is so elegant. My first thought when I saw it was it was like a rich cup of coffee with cream! Yummy

    Good luck with the GDT, and don't out yourself down. You are every bit as good as the next crafter!

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image and you've coloured it beautifully. Good luck with GD competition. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back with an award for you - check my blog for details. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fi theres a blog award on my blog for you xx jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab image, colouring is perfect and love the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Fi. Thank-you too for the lovely comments on my blog. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fi, stunning card, love the DP's and Kraftin Kimmie is stunning..

    I've left something for you on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fi this card is loooooovely, so rich and oppulent. I want it!!
    I've got my mits on some of Kraftin Kimmie's wonderful stamps in their recent sale, but they haven't seen any ink yet.
    Keepin my fingers crossed for you..... they'll be mad not to choose you.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card.The stamp is gorgeous and the colour's perfect!

    ReplyDelete